SOFT FISHING LURES
Soft fishing lures are a type of artificial bait designed to mimic the appearance and movement of real fish or other aquatic life. They are made of a soft, flexible material known as silicone that is durable and water resistant, making it an ideal choice for fishing lures.
- Lures are usually molded into different shapes, sizes and colors to imitate different types of bait fish, worms, crabs, shrimp or other prey species. They often include intricate details such as scales, fins, eyes and appendages to create a realistic representation. Some silicone baits may also have aroma or taste enhancements built in to attract fish.
- The soft, elastic nature of the silicone allows the lures to move naturally in the water, providing realistic swimming. When retrieved, the silicone lure can ripple, wobble or dart, mimicking the movements of wounded or fleeing prey. This realistic movement can entice predatory fish to attack.
- Soft fishing lures offer several advantages to anglers. Their soft texture makes them attractive to fish as they feel natural when bitten. Additionally, soft lures are very durable and can withstand repeated use as well as the sharp teeth of certain species. They are also resistant to fading or deterioration caused by exposure to sunlight or water.
- Another advantage of soft lures is their flexibility. They can be used in a variety of fishing techniques such as casting, trolling or jigging and are effective for both freshwater and saltwater fishing. Anglers can choose from a wide range of shapes, sizes and colors to suit local baitfish or target species.
- To use soft lures for fishing, anglers usually attach them to a fishing rod using a hook or jig head. Depending on the desired fishing technique, they can be retrieved at different speeds or depths to mimic the behavior of live prey. Some anglers are also experimenting with adding scented attractants or applying attractant gels to improve the lure's effectiveness.
Overall, soft fishing lures provide a realistic and durable alternative to live bait, allowing anglers to increase their chances of attracting fish and improve their fishing success.